Navratri Kanya puja – Vidhi and Mantra
Kanya puja 2014 or Kumari puja is an important ritual of navratri celebration. It is held during the most important days of navratri i.e. ashtami and navmi. It is believed that Maa Durga bestows her blessings in the form of wealth, knowledge and prosperity to the one, who performs Kanya Puja with true faith and devotion.
Significance of Kanya Puja
You can invite as many girls as you want, preferably you should invite 1, 3, 5, 7 or 9 girls.
- Worshiping one girl provides Aishwarya
- Two girls, provides bhog and Moksha
- Three girls provides Dharma, Artha and Kaam
- Four girls, provides Rajyapad i.e. authority
- Five girls increases Vidya i.e. Knowledge
- Six girls provides 6 types of Siddhi,
- Seven girls helps in achieving Rajya i.e. power and kingdom
- Eight girls enhances Sampada i.e. wealth
- Nine girls gives the Prabhutva of Prithvi. Ownership.
General Mantra for Kanya Puja
मंत्राक्षरमयीं लक्ष्मीं मातृणां रूपधारिणीम्।
नवदुर्गात्मिकां साक्षात् कन्यामावाहयाम्यहम्।।
जगत्पूज्ये जगद्वन्द्ये सर्वशक्तिस्वरुपिणि।
पूजां गृहाण कौमारि जगन्मातर्नमोस्तु ते।।
अर्थ : मंत्राक्षरमय, लक्ष्मीस्वरूप, मातृकाओंका रूप धारण करनेवाली एवं साक्षात् नवदुर्गात्मिका, ऐसी कन्याका मैं आवाहन करता हूं ।
Kanya Puja Vidhi
- Invite young girls (of the age between 2-10 years) to your home.
- Keep the food ready (puri, chane ki sabji and halwa).
- Clean and decorate your home to welcome the little representatives of goddess.
- Welcome them by washing their feet with water.
- Then make them sit in a row on a pedestal.
- Apply kumkum or tikka on their forehead and tie a Kalava.
- Serve food happily and see to it they that eat properly.
- Once they are finished with their food, you must touch their feet and give them dakshina.
- You can also gift them some new clothes or any gifts.
Perform kanya puja with full devotion and fulfill all your wishes. Get the navratri special prasad form temple of your choice.
Happy navratri and happy kanya puja.