''Agra is considered the epitome of love and its rich cultural and historical heritage makes it an ideal destination for the newly wed. Agra is revered as the place where an eternal love story has been written on the marbles.
That is one of the reasons why most of the couples like to go to Agra for their honeymoon. The architectural splendors with their magnificent structures and intricacies of designs talk a lot about the history.
A perfect place to spend some cherished moment with each other, Agra is like a paradise especially on a new moon night.
Agra as Honeymoon Destination (Romantic Getaway)
Honeymoon, being the beginning of a journey in marriage offers you an opportunity to know well your partner. Spending quality time in a romantic destination like Agra, the city of the Taj, will surely help to please your partner and celebrate your first few days being together.
Taj Mahal, built by the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan in loving memory of this late wife Mumtaj, is the main attraction of the city. The beautiful Taj Mahal, built of pure white marble is among the seven wonders of the world. Besides there are two other UNESCO World Heritage sites around the city- the sandstone Red Fort and Fatehpur Sikri. The city is also well known for its warm hospitality and luxurious accommodation for its guests. Simply enjoy the beauty of the Taj or explore its in and out and collect memories for a life time. Visit the Fort of the Mughal days, just adjacent to the Taj and enjoy the architectural beauty of the mughal empire.
The place is well known for the world famous Buland Darwaza, a very huge door of 55 feet, the tomb of Salim Chisti, Birbal’s House, Panch Mahal and many other places of historic importance. Agra has always been one of the major hubs that boast a variety of arts and crafts. Buy a souvenir to take back home the memories of Agra.
Best time to visit Agra
January, February, March, October, November, December,
Why Visit Agra as Romantic Getaway?
- A world-renowned wonder, Taj Mahal sits pretty on the northern side of this green paradise.
- a number of exquisite buildings like Moti Masjid – a white marble mosque akin to a perfect pearl; Diwan-I-Am, Diwan-I-Khaas, Musamman Burj, Khaas Mahal and Shish Mahal.
- One of the earliest Mughal gardens,said that Babur was temporarily buried here before being taken to Kabul in Afghanistan.
- Mehtab Bagh is located on the left bank of river Yamuna opposite to the Taj Mahal.
- Mankameshwar Mandir, Rawali, Balkeshwar Mandir, Prithvinath Mandir, Rajeshwar Mandir , kailash Mandir, Renuka Dham hanidev at Runakata, Sainath Rakabganj etc.
- Jama Masjid near Bijlighar, Royal Mosque Taj Mahal, Sheikh Salim Chisti Dargah, Fatehpur Sikri
Agra romantic destination is also famous for
Just as there’s no such thing as “a bad time to live”, there’s no such thing as “bad time to visit” one of the most scintillating and marvelous wonders of the world, the Taj Mahal. Whatever be the time of the year, the Agra will not stop with its mission to spread its charm and glory and will continue to be as luminescent as ever.
Best Season: November to March
Summers: Late March to July
Winters: November to Late March
Monsoons: August to October