Lonavala – Khandala - Maharashtra, India – Embracing nature
''Khandala is situated on the Sahyadri Ranges at the height of 625 m. It is a hill station that is nearby Mumbai thus easily accessible. The scintillating natural beauty, deep valleys, high hills and the pure air here at Khandala has made it a popular destination for the honeymooners.
Planning a honeymoon in West India? Head to these paradises during monsoon to have an unforgettable honeymoon experience in India! These too charming hill stations don the verdant cloak upon arrival of monsoon in Maharashtra. Lonavala and Khandala are also popular as weekend getaways from Mumbai and Pune but nothing beats the charm these tiny hamlets oozes upon the arrival of rainy season. The floating clods above and below you conjures a magical picture and then there are plenty of activities which you could undertake to enjoy with your partner.
The couples can enjoy the various attractions here like Rajmachi Park, Duke’s Nose, Shivaji Park, LohagadDarshan, Tiger’s Leap, Sakur Plateau, Kune Falls, and tiger’s Leap etc. Those who love to explore can plan out an excursion to Lonavala, Karle caves, Bhaja caves etc. For the adventure lovers, Khandala offers rock climbing also.
Lonavala – Khandala as Honeymoon Destination (Romantic Getaway)
The question of where to go on honeymoon tour in Maharashtra has one clear cut answer…Khandala. Situated at a short distance from Mumbai, Khandala is a place to fall in love with. Pleasant weather haunts you with lovely memories and the beautiful photographs. Honeymoon couples can enjoy some cozy moments together in the romantic ambiance of Khandala. You can even do a little dancing on Aati Kya Khandala song…LOL! Well the point is the place is so cheerful and picturesque that one can easily lose himself in it.
There are large numbers of hotels in Khandala that provide some of the best honeymoon travel packages. Duke’s Nose, Karla and Bhaja Caves, Tiger’s Leap and Korigad Forts are some places that one must visit in Khandala.
Best time to visit Lonavala – Khandala
Being hill stations, Lonavala and Khandala are pleasant to visit throughout the year. However they are at their scenic best during the monsoons.
Why Visit Lonavala – Khandala as Romantic Getaway?
- Bushy Dam area gets very popular during the monsoons when the steps on dam give the effect of a waterfall.
- Duke's Nose place is named after Duke Wellington whose pointed nose this cliff resembles. It also looks like a hood of a snake, which is why it is also called as "Nagfani" (Hood of Snake).
- They are located around 64 km away from the city of Pune and 96 km away from the city Mumbai, popular getaway from Mumbai and Pune.
- Taraporewala Aquarium on Marine Drive has a good collection of sea and fresh water fish and other marine life.
- Enveloped by green dense woods, Rajmachi Wildlife Sanctuary is the perfect place for nature lovers, wildlife aficionados and ornithologists.
Lonavala – Khandala romantic destination is also famous for
Lonavala – Khandala Weather
Temperatures vary from 12° C in winter to around 36° C at the height of summer. The annual rainfall averages 450 cms.
Best Season: October - May
Summers: 23 to 35°C
Winters:11 to 33°C