''Shimla, one of the most scenic hill stations in India, is famous for its natural beauty, wooden crafts, architectural buildings and apple farming. Nestled top on the hills and surrounded by pine and deodar jungles, Shimla is also known as Queen of Hills, has its own charm.
Every year, thousands of tourists visit this exotic part of land to absorb the true beauty and tranquility that only nature has to offer.Apart from that, city is famous for rich-cultural heritage, arts and crafts.
Shimla as Honeymoon Destination (Romantic Getaways)
Shimla, the Queen of Hills can be one of the best option for Honeymoon in India. Honeymoon is not only about traveling to a distant place but also to know well your better half. The Queen of Hills is blessed by nature, having a scenic location and offers a perfect ambiance to explore your married life. Walk hands in hands with your sweetheart and enjoy the magnificent view of the snow capped Himalayas. Ancient temples like Bheema Kali, Jakhoo, Sankat Mochan, Tara Devi depicts the beauty of the local arts. Above all, Shimla is the only natural ice-skating rink in South Asian continent.
Best time to visit Shimla
February, March, April, May, June, November, December,
Why Visit Shimla as Romantic Getaways?
- Weather in Shimla is pleasant throughout the year, with pristine surroundings
- Nice sunsets and snow in winters, Misty walks during Autumn
- Nice walks on Mall Road, secluded Jungle Roads, etc providing enough bonding for the couples.
- Jakhu Hill offering a beautiful view of the town and of the snow-covered Himalayas.
- Shimla State Museum related to art, archaeology and cultural anthropology.
- Worldwide popular market for Handicrafts, wood and metalwork, shawls, pullovers, local tweeds, caps, Tibetan carpets and pickles, jams and squashes.
Things to consider
During monsoon season, landsliding is a big problem in the nearby areas of Shimla. Though Monsoons are one of the most romantic months, keep a check on the weather and landslide issues. Do not prebook in Monsoons, as you will get rooms in any hotel at a great discount!!
Shimla romantic destination is also famous for
Favorable weather and climate of Shimla that tourists throng this hill station in any season. Though there is less of rush in monsoons, the rest of the year sees a steady inflow of tourists.
Best Season: Summers/ Winters
Summers: April to June
Winters: November to mid- February
Monsoons: July to September