No Objection/Research Project Clearance Certificate for OCI/PIO Card holders
OCI and PIO card holders can visit India for business, employment, tourism and education without visa. However, those OCI and PIO card holders desirous visiting India for purpose of conducting Research, must obtain separately a No Objection/Research Project Clearance Certificate. This includes Scholars awarded Scholarship under Fulbright or any other scheme.
- Completed "Misc. Services" application form with one passport size photo affixed in the box.
- Fill in all the information correctly. Incomplete application will be returned without service.
- Original letter from the organization sponsoring the Research/Project.
- Certificate of Affiliation of the Host Institute in India.
- Orginal passport and a photocopy of pages containing personal particulars (and any pages with Indian Visa stamp).
- Copy of first & last page of OCI/PIO card and copy of U visa for OCI card holders.
- Copy of Application Proforma for Approval of Research Project & Project Statement "Research Project Approval Form"
- Copy of Proof of address (utility bill, driver license, State ID or lease agreement).
- Fee $25 and $3 for ICWF.
- Fee is to be paid by cashier’s check or money order drawn only in favor of "Consulate General of India". Cash payment is also accepted at the counter of the Consulate. Applicants are requested to come with exact change for efficient services.
- Personal checks, Debit cards and Credit cards are not accepted.
- If application is being sent by post add an additional $20/- to the fee for return mail.
- All fees including ICWF and return postal amount be paid by single cashier’s check or money order.